Sunday, July 23, 2006

Caricatures and Comic Con!

Comic con was the best that I have ever been to! I got to meet John K. and he drew this really super cool caricature of me! Hooray!!!!

This picture of me was sooo hilarious that me and my wife were laughing at it all day. He really got the likeness of my overall grotesqueness down packed and he drew it like in a minute. I especially love the goofy eyes, teeth and cheeks.
I also got to meet Marlo and Katie who were super nice enough to draw me some cool pictures on the Inside sleeve of the Adult Party Cartoon DVD...


It's very cool to see different artists' take on the same person.
incidentally, this is the way I usually draw myself:

I love Marlo's lineweights. and quickness with lines.
I love John's ability to bring out the creepyness in his caricatures!
How does he do it? HOW????
The whole Spumco crew were super nice enough to sign and doodle for everybody and the experience was just plain surreal to me.
AND the Adult Party Cartoon is great! Anyone who doesn't have a copy I suggest you run out and Buy one right now!
THANKS GUYS!!! You made my Millenium!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

shit, I'm so envy!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ryan G. said...

you lucky bastard..

8:42 PM  
Blogger Shawn Dickinson said...

Hahaha! Those are great! John draws funny! I have a drawing he did of me on my refrigerator. He made me look like a beatnik monkey or something. Haha!

I like the drawing you did too! I was actually laughing at that one the most!

Too bad I couldn't have made it to the con. All my favorite pals were there. Hoping I could eventually meet you too one day and talk/draw some zany cartoony crap!

BTW. I love the animation clips on your last post! Sorry I missed that one earlier, I've been so busy lately that I haven't been on blogger as much. But good job!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Danne8a said...

SHAWWWWWWN!!!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words!
Yah, I was kind of hoping to spot you at the con because I want to meet you too!
I think it would be great if we could get together and talk Cartoons over a beer or two!
Next time I am in the La Area we should plan something!
Seriously!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Marlo said...

Hey danny!

So nice of you to post, i think Katie meant for her girl to be a part of that scene! like she's saying hello to you. haha! those are tiny drawings arn't they?


nice meeting you, maybe you can come to a sketch night?


Marlo

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home